How Does Moxibustion Work And Its Benefits
What is Moxibustion and how does it work?
Moxibustion is one of the oldest treatment methods in Traditional Chinese Medicine and it has been used for over 3,000 years. It consists of burning carefully refined Moxa on key acupressure points along the meridian or the ‘ash’ points – ash points are the points of pain or discomfort. The warming and invigorating sensation from burning the Moxa on the skin unblocks the meridians, helps the blood circulation in the body and increases the flow of energy. Qi.
The heat from the burning of the moxa removes Qi Stagnation and blood stasis caused by cold and dampness inside the body.
How can Moxibustion help me?
Moxibustion can be used to treat conditions caused by poor blood flow and low energy like chronic fatigue, issues with fertility, headache, swelling and stomach ache as well as pain (back, neck, shoulder or period pain for example). The ancient art of Moxibustion offers a natural drug-free way to restore and maintain your body and help you lead a healthy and balanced lifestyle.
Benefits of Moxibustion:
- Weight Management
- Fatigue – can act as an energy boost
- IBS and Digestive Problems
- Cold and Flu, Asthma and Allergies
- Oedema and Water Retention
- Gland Infections
- Pain: such as static, frozen shoulder, arthritis. Muscular Cramp pain in the abdomen or legs, sports or accidents injuries, joints stiffness.
- Women’s health: Fertility, Irregular period, PCOS, FSH high, AMH low
What is Moxa made from?
Moxa is made from two ingredients Ai Ye and Yi Mu Cao. Ai Ye is also referred to as Dried Mugwort. Sometimes Moxa can be a mix of both Ai Ye and Yi Mu Cao.
Which key points are used during Moxibustion?
Moxibustion is mainly practised on Yang energy points. Points commonly used are Sheng Jue Xue, Yong Quan Xue, Zhu Shan li Xue, Bai Hui Xue along with Ash points which are the point of discomfort or pain.
Not sure how it works? get help from our TCM specialists!
Product in this article
Pure moxa sticks
Pure moxa sticks. 10 in a pack. These pure moxa sticks are effective and safe to use at home. Moxibustion is a Traditional Chinese Medicine treatment used for warm up the meridians and dispelling coldness. Offering an abundance of health benefits pure moxa sticks are commonly used for turning breech babies, cold, flu, pain, indigestion and much more.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. We can’t guarantee the treatment result, as the symptoms of conditions are unpredictable and vary greatly from person to person. The treatment length and recovery time also varies for individual. Please visit our consultation page or our clinic page where a specialists will discuss your care and provide a consultation, and the treatment will be designed to meet your individual needs.