Boosting Your Immunity with Moxibustion
As everyone around the world has been going through the shared experience of an international pandemic, it is no wonder why many people are looking for ways to boost the function of their immune system. There is a lot of misinformation to be found when trying to understand the best way to keep the immune system in top shape. The good news is that there are affordable ways to boost your immune system naturally.
Never heard of Moxibustion before?
Moxibustion for immune system is a practice in Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) that uses heat from burning herbs such as dried mugwort, also known as moxa, in an effort to treat different types of illnesses. Moxibustion’s immune-boosting effects are thanks to its ability to activate neuroendocrine-immune activities. Studies have shown that moxibustion can be an effective way to both prevent and treat infection.
How can moxibustion boost immune system?
Moxibustion acts on warming the meridians, expelling cold and promoting yang energy (warm energy) which helps in preventing diseases and keep your body healthy. Research carried out in 2020 by World J Acupunct Moxibustion shows that:
- Moxibustion may improve the body’s immunity and the ability to anti disease.Modern research shows that moxibustion improves the body immunity by regulating various immune cells and immune factors.
- Moxibustion also plays an anti-inflammatory role by regulating the level of inflammation-related cytokines.
- Heat-sensitive moxibustion can also improve lung function and relieve clinical symptoms
How to Boost Your Immune System using Moxibustion
According to Chinese Medicine, applying Moxibustion to certain acupressure points can provide with great health benefits. In the case of boosting immune system, during treatment, practitioners may stimulate the acupressure point known as point Zusanli Stomach-36.
How to find moxibustion point Stomach 36 ( ST36) ?
- Stomach 36 acupoint is located on the shin.
- The exact location is about five centimeters below the kneecap Two centimeters lateral to the crest of the tibia.
- It is one finger width out from the height of the shin bone.
Moxibustion using point ST36 has also been shown to aid in the regulation of cellular immunity. Moxibustion of ST36 has even been shown to improve symptoms of those infected with COVID-19. Those treated with moxibustion that was applied to ST36 found relief of many symptoms commonly found in those with COVID-19 including fever, fatigue, headaches, and body aches. This is due to its ability to regulate both the immune system and the respiratory system.
Moxibustion for immune system has even been shown to help in the absorption of nutrients. Sufferers of Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) were treated using moxibustion and the results showed an increase in branch-chain amino acids (BCAA). These BCAAs work to protect the lining of the intestines which reduces malabsorption of essential nutrients. Absorption of nutrients plays a large role in maintaining a healthy immune system and also ensures that the body maintains the energy to fight off infection.
If, like most citizens of the world, you are looking for ways to boost your immune system naturally, then consider speaking to your healthcare practitioner about the use of moxibustion. Using moxibustion to stimulate point Zusanli Stomach-36 has a long and successful history of providing the immune system with the needed boost it requires to ensure the body is ready to battle any infectious illness that comes its way. It can even help the body to properly absorb essential nutrients to maintain optimal health.
Product In This Article
Smokeless Moxa Sticks
Smokeless Moxa Sticks. 8 High Density Smokeless Moxa Sticks in a pack. These smokeless moxa sticks are effective and safe to use at home. Moxibustion is a Traditional Chinese Medicine treatment used for warm up the meridians and offering an abundance of health benefits.
Pure moxa sticks
Moxibustion is a Traditional Chinese Medicine treatment used for warm up the meridians and dispelling coldness. Offering an abundance of health benefits pure moxa sticks are commonly used for turning breech babies, cold, flu, pain, indigestion and much more.
* These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. We can’t guarantee the treatment result, as the symptoms of conditions are unpredictable and vary greatly from person to person. The treatment length and recovery time also varies for individual. Please visit our consultation page where a specialists will discuss your care and provide a consultation, and the treatment will be designed to meet your individual needs.